The school has the right to deny admission to any student candidate / La Escuela tiene el derecho de negar la admision a cualquier alumno candidato.
The process of reviewing admission documents is confidential and only authorized school personnel have access to these files.
Examinations and their results are school property and are for internal use only.
If the student is admitted, the Admissions Office will communicate the steps to follow for the registration process and the payments that need to be made.
Some levels have a limited number of vacancies and the school will only admit those students who are best prepared and who are idealcandidates for our school.
Our performance standards cannot be ignored. Even if vacancies exist, a student will not be admitted if they do not meet the basicrequirements for admittance.
The School does not have the necessary resources to admit students with special needs.
We hope that this visit, while we work with your children), is a pleasant one. Our Office of Admissions and Student Records is here to help. Be sure to ask them for any needed clarification about this process. It is a pleasure to assist you.
General Admission Information
We appreciate your interest in our school and provide this important information to help you understand our admissions standards and procedures. The John F. Kennedy School, the American School of Querétaro, emphasizes an American-type education, acquiring a second language and maintaining high academic standards for all students. We strongly encourage students to enroll at the beginning of the academic year. Our experience shows us that students who register by mid-year may experience social and academic challenges.
General Admission Requirements
Admission to JFK is open to students who meet the following requirements:
- Are the right minimum age for their grade level
- Complete all steps of the admission process
- Pass the English, Spanish and Mathematics exams in Elementary, Middle or High School
- Complete a parent and student interview with the Student Support Services staff
- Have a good academic record (a 70 average or above in Math, Spanish, Reading and Writing)
- Present a documented record of excellent conduct and attitude
Pre-School candidates must also:
- Be 3 years-old by December 31 of the academic year
- Be toilet trained
- Be able to separate from their parents for short periods of time
- Be able to complete a personal evaluation of social, emotional, academic and physical abilities with good results
Elementary School / Middle School candidates must also:
- Pre-First: Know the capital and lower case letters
- Para Pre-First: reconocer las letras mayusculas y minusculas
- Pre-First: Be prepared for reading and writing
- Be able to follow instructions
- Possess age appropriate oral communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in both English and Spanish appropriate to their grade level
High School candidates must also:
- Complete a psychometric evaluation